Application for Winter Semester:
International applicants: 1st June
German applicants: 1st August
Application for Summer Semester:
International applicants: 1st December
German applicants: 1st February
Requirement for the Master program is a completed Diploma or Bachelor degree in the field of digital media. Candidates from related fields (eg. media design, computer science, media management, media studies) have a good chance – but they should have practical experience in media production.
A good command of the English language is required.
In case the applicant’s prior Bachelor study was completed with just 180 ECTS, an internship must be completed during the study period.
Applicants need to pass an entrance examination, considering the final grade of the Bachelor’s degree, relevance of previous studies, practical experience, motivation letter, exposé of field of study and work samples. The entrance examination is done on the base of your submitted documents. The documents can be submitted via a link.
The following documents must be submitted:
- Final certificate of previous Bachelor or Diploma (alternative interim certificate if your current study course has not been complete yet)
- Detailed curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation (personal statement), which establishes a personal interest in this master’s degree program
- Portfolio with 3 to 5 work samples (link or copies or USB, no CD/DVD)
- Exposé of the announced research and development field
- If available: Proof of practical experience (work certificates, letters of recommendation)
Additional information for international applicants
There are four important steps to your enrolment:
Step 1: Familiarize yourself with the application procedure at the h_da website:
Step 2: Check the „uni-assist“ website:
Apply via uni-assist with all necessary documents (except work examples).
Once your data has been added to the uni-assist system, the data will be transferred to the h-da servers.
Step 3: You get a verification E-Mail from Hochschule Darmstadt.
Step 4: Lastly, you need to send your portfolio to Hochschule Darmstadt.
For all other questions regarding international application, you can also contact Denise Kaufmann: firstname.lastname@example.org